If you are coming to the Old Town Alexandria and Washington DC area on business or pleasure and have an afternoon or two to work on your golf game, you are in luck! The area boasts of many great courses, public, private, and military. We’ve listed some of the nearby courses below and their contact information. For even more information and courses all over the Virginia and Maryland area, we’ve provided links. Those links open a good site that gives description and contact numbers for courses sorted by city all over the two states. Welcome to the capital district and hit some links while in town!
- Army Navy Country Club - Private - 2400 18th St S, Arlington, VA 22204, (703)979-5826. This club has an eighteen hole regulation course and a nine hole course. The fairways are narrow, and the greens are small on both courses.
- Belle Haven Country Club - Private - 6023 Fort Hunt Rd, Alexandria, VA 22307, (703)329-2441. This course is very picturesque and challenging with numerous mature trees and sections of the Potomac River bordering some holes. The course features tree-lined fairways.
- Greendale Golf Course - Public - 6700 Telegraph Rd, Alexandria, VA 22310, (703)971-3788. This parkland style course features narrow, tree-lined fairways. The undulating greens are a mix of medium and large in size, and are moderate in speed. Water comes into play on ten holes.
- Medal of Honor Golf Course - Military - Bldg 3303 Fuller Heights Rd, Quantico, VA 22134. This military course is best know for its medium-sized greens and the standard cut of rough bordering all its fairways. There are many dogleg fairways on the course that demand accurate shot placements. The water hazards that cross some holes provide beauty and fun for all golfers.
- Mount Vernon Country Club – (Pictured) - Private - 5111 Old Mill Rd, Alexandria, VA 22309, (703)780-3565. This course features narrow fairways and well-manicured greens. Water hazards (a creek and a pond) come into play on several holes. All the fairways are tree lined, so accurate tee shots are essential. The land this course was built on was once owned by George Washington.
- Pinecrest Golf Course – Public - 6600 Little River Tnpk, Alexandria, VA 22312, (703)941-1061. This long, narrow course was built on basically flat terrain, but there are some hilly areas that can cause uneven lies. The course was designed with all skill levels of golfer in mind. The signature hole is #1, a 408-yard, par 4. Water hazards do come into play on a few holes.
For golf courses in Virginia, click here.
For golf courses in Maryland, click here.
For golf courses in Washington DC, click here.
The Hampton Inn Old Town Alexandria Area is the perfect choice for accommodations when you are visiting the Washington DC area. Whether you are in town for a short while on business, have some extra leisure time, or bringing the family in for the weekend, our central location in across the Potomac in Alexandria just minutes from the Reagan National airport is perfect for getting to all the sights and sounds of the Capital Beltway District.
Our hotel offers 213 Make It Hampton® guest rooms. All of them are outfitted with complimentary high-speed Internet and all guests are invited to join us daily in the mornings for our On the House™ hot complimentary breakfast. Book your room on-line today and relax knowing that you’ll get the Best Rate Guaranteed as well as the opportunity to earn points and miles in the Hilton HHonors® frequent stay program from this website.